• It is crucial to the success of the project that stakeholder expectations be managed through distribution of the right information to the right stakeholders at the right time by using the right communication methods.
• Processes of managing stakeholder expectations and distributing information are called Manage Stakeholder Expectations and Distribute Information, and they belong to communication management.
• The communication management plan, a part of the project management plan, and performance reports are the major input items to the Distribute Information process.
• The information can be distributed by using various methods, such as reports and presentations.
• The communication management plan and stakeholder management strategy are major inputs to managing stakeholder expectations.
• Management and interpersonal skills are crucial to successfully managing stakeholder expectations.
• Performance reports, a major input to the Distribute Information process, come from monitoring and controlling the project. We haven't covered the monitoring & controlling part yet, but don't worry its coming up very soon.
Prev: Information Distribution
Next: Important Terms - Managing Stakeholders