• All projects, big or small, terminated or completed, should go through the closure stage, which involves the closure of both parts of the project: in house and procurements.
• The project deliverables validated through the quality control process are verified for their scope through the Verify Scope process.
• These verified deliverables go through the project closure process for acceptance by the appropriate party, such as the customer or the project sponsor.
• The same process is used to close a project or a phase of it and is formally called the Close Project or Phase process.
• If the project has a procurement component, the products from procurement must first go through the procurement closure process for acceptance by the project manager or other authorized party, and then the accepted product must go through the project closure process for acceptance by the appropriate party, such as the customer or the project sponsor.
Prev: Finishing Touch
Next: Important Terms & Definitions - Closing the Project