• Asynchronous communication - Communication in which the sender and receiver don’t have to be present at the same time, such as written paper or electronic documents, online bulletin boards, e-mail, and the World Wide Web in general.
• Distribute information - The process of making information available to stakeholders according to the project management plan.
• Issue - An item or a matter that is under discussion or dispute and for which there are most likely opposing views and disagreements among the stakeholders.
• Issue log - A tool used to manage issues that includes opening, modifying, tracking, documenting, and resolving issues.
• Managing stakeholder expectations - A process used for communicating and working with stakeholders to stay on the same page with them on the project requirements by addressing their needs and issues as they arise.
• Performance report - A document or a presentation that provides information about the performance, progress, and status of the project.
• Synchronous communication - Communication in which both the sender and the receiver have to be present at the same time, such as face-to-face project meetings and teleconferencing.
Prev: Summary - Managing Stakeholders
Next: Introduction to Monitoring & Controlling Project Work