• Change control board - A formal group of stakeholders with the authority to process change requests, which includes reviewing, approving, rejecting, and delaying change requests.
• Change request - A request for deviating from the project plan or related policies or procedures, such as modifying scope, schedule, or cost. Change requests may include recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
• Claim - An assertion, demand, or request made by a buyer against the seller or vice versa for consideration or compensation under the terms of a legal contract.
• Control - To analyze the performance and make and implement recommendations for corrective actions or other changes to bring the project back on track.
• Corrective actions - Actions recommended for execution in the future in order to bring project performance back in line with the project management plan.
• Monitor - To collect project performance information/data as planned, convert the information to performance measurements, and report the performance.
• Preventive actions - Actions to be executed to keep the project from getting off track—for example, to avoid risks or poor performance.
• Project performance - Measure of actual project progress against planned progress.
Prev: Summary - Monitoring & Controlling Project Work
Next: Introduction to Monitoring and Controlling Quality & Risk